Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantV
Creator
Creator

Remove duplicates from a MySQL table

Coming from SAS background, I am finding this basic task of deduping a dataset quite a chore with Talend. I am certain that it's to do with the lack of my experience with the tool.

I need to remove duplicates from a target dataset, after inserting the data. I can't seem to run multiple sql statements using tSortRow (MySQL) and I get the error - "You have an error in your SQL syntax". The set of queries work fine on the MySQL Workbench.

With SAS Data Management Studio, I could add a SAS code node and could run this sort procedure with noduplicates modifier. I was trying to do something similar by running the set of SQL queries, through tMySQLRow component.

How do you guys do that? All I need is the talend way to deduplicate the data in the datasource.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
ThWabi
Creator II
Creator II

Hello sushantV,

to run multiple SQL statements in one tMysqlRow, you have to set an additional jdbc parameter (allowMultiQueries) in advanced settings:

0683p000009LzV2.jpgjdbc parameters

Best regards,

Thomas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please try tUniqrow component for your use case? 

Please refer the help document of this component?

https://help.talend.com/reader/iJZ9g~EoO2NwssXWselCkQ/KDI5XVvKJYiPPiV0cKGtOw

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

ThWabi
Creator II
Creator II

Hi sushantV,

@sushantV wrote:

I was trying to do something similar by running the set of SQL queries, through tMySQLRow component.

The tMysqlRow component is not a component that provides output. It can execute a query (or multiple queries) for each input row, but it does not give you data like the tMysqlInput component.

Best regards,

Thomas