Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor III

Replace CR LF (newline / breaking space) with a tReplaceList component

Hi everyone,

I have a tReplaceList component that get a list of forbidden characters from a SQL table.

I want to add to my rules the replacement of CR LF because it's making my job fail.

From my tDBInput (Oracle) I have a column containing a CR LF character in the middle

When copying the data to notepad++ I can see that the line break is indeed a CR LF. But I've tried to add to my SQL table the values "\r" "\n", "\r\n" even tried with double \\ etc....

But nothing has been working so far. How do I make this work ? 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quentin-vigne
Author

Went down the hole and searched for what was doing tReplaceList.

It use Pattern.quote(string) and thus replace everything from the SQL table to make sure any regex-like character don't get interpreted as regex.

It looks like tReplaceList doesn't support Regex-like string / pattern like his brother tReplace 

I've opened a request to make Regex support available for tReplaceList :

https://ideation.qlik.com/app/#/case/387452?currentProductId=9da99bc1-0dfb-4471-8e12-d23685578c43

View solution in original post

1 Reply
quentin-vigne
Author

Went down the hole and searched for what was doing tReplaceList.

It use Pattern.quote(string) and thus replace everything from the SQL table to make sure any regex-like character don't get interpreted as regex.

It looks like tReplaceList doesn't support Regex-like string / pattern like his brother tReplace 

I've opened a request to make Regex support available for tReplaceList :

https://ideation.qlik.com/app/#/case/387452?currentProductId=9da99bc1-0dfb-4471-8e12-d23685578c43