Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Restrict what context can be used in test

Is there a way to configure the Studio to not allow building jobs with "Production" context at all when running the studio on TEST server and vice versa, preventing the Studio from allowing "Test" context when running Studio on production server?

We never build production jobs on our test server, nor test jobs on prod server, so removing these options alltogether would remove the the risk of accidentally leaving the wrong setting to the list. The environment would dictate which setting is allowed for the environment the developer is in.

Mockup illustaration below.

WHEN RUNNING STUDIO ON TEST SERVER,

"Production" context is not an option:

0695b00000QDVAlAAP.png 

WHEN RUNNING STUDIO ON PRODUCTION SERVER,

"Test" context is not an option:

0695b00000QDVBtAAP.png

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It's impossible to hide some specified context when build the job, however, you can still modify the context from executable file after you build the job.

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable

By default the ApplicationContext is loaded using the GenericXmlContextLoader which loads a context from XML Spring configuration files. You can then access beans from the ApplicationContext by annotating fieldour test class .

MyLifeTouch

MPT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm sorry, I don't have the Java experience to understand your tip. Even if I could "access beans from the ApplicationContext by annotating fieldour test class ", how would that take me closer to being able to restrict an user from building a job with Production context when they're running Studio on a Test/Dev machine?