Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jj5
Contributor III
Contributor III

ResumeUtil cannot be resolved to a type - Errors when I try to run any job

I have been using Talend 6.3 for a while and decided to upgrade to 7.1.1. When I tried to run a job I received an error message telling me that ResumeUtil cannot be resolved to a type.

I have found many threads on similar issues but none of them have helped with my problem. I have made sure the other version of Talend wasn't open, I reinstalled 7.1.1, I've made sure that I'm using JDK 1.8, I've created a new workspace, I've created a new test job with one input and a tLogRow output for simplicity's sake, but nothing works for me.

When I go to the code tab, all the import system routines say that they cannot be resolved, I've made sure that all the System routines were added. I've installed all required and third party add-ons.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It looks like there is something wrong with your installation.

Did you install your studio V 7.1.1 completely? What's OS are you using? Please ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Best regards

Sabrina

Jj5
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply. After installing TOS with all the addins, I uninstalled it and reinstalled with the required packages and tried again, with the same issues.

My OS is windows server 2008 r2, I have Oracle's JDK 1.81.201 installed and all the environmental variables are configured correctly so I assume it's being reached. It worked just fine with Talend version 6.3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This issue cannot be reproduced from my end.

Did you download talend open studio 7.1.1 zip file from https://www.talend.com/download/?

Could you please try to re-unzip the archive file again and notice any error occurs during the installation process?

Best regards

Sabrina

Jj5
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm getting the same issue. It looks like it only errors out when the workspace is in a UNC path (\\dev\Talend\...).

I created a project on a local drive and it didn't error on me. Is there a solution for this? We want the workspace to be stored on the network so saving it locally isn't a good fix

TXAggie00
Contributor III
Contributor III

Curious if you were able to solve this before I roll back to major version 6. I have had nothing but issues with 7...

Thanks,

Scott