Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFournier1632810800
Contributor II
Contributor II

Retrieve data from a previous output on iteration

Hello

In my job bellow, I use row15.customer_number to change part of tRest API url on every iteration. Row15 provide me an internal id as well that I want to use for injecting customer datas with internal id linked to it. I tried to use buffer and tJoin to get the datas but It's not working. I get datas from customer but all internal datas from row15 are NULL.

0695b00000nQSpAAAW.png

Do you have an idea on how to proceed on such case ?

Regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Jean-Baptiste Fournier​ 

Based on the information you provided, I understood that you are using the "customer_number" to initiate an API call through the tREST component and after receiving the API response, you need an additional column from the same "row15" record from which the "customer_number" column originated.

If this is indeed the scenario, and you're utilizing the "use the default (key/value) in global variables" setting in the tFlowToIterate_3 component, the internal ID column for the current record will also be automatically stored in a global variable. This enables you to retrieve its value using a tJavaRow component, instead of using tJoin and tBufferInput components.

Suppose you have "customer_id" and "internal_id" columns from row15, both being of type String.

In the tREST component, you're likely employing something similar to ((String)globalMap.get("row15.customer_id")) to invoke the API and let's assume you receive a "result" column from the API response.

By replacing tJoin_1 component with a tJavaRow, you could use something like the following to get the internal_id back into the flow:

output_row.result = input_row.result;

output_row.internal_id = ((String)globalMap.get("row15.internal_id"));

View solution in original post

2 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Jean-Baptiste Fournier​ 

Based on the information you provided, I understood that you are using the "customer_number" to initiate an API call through the tREST component and after receiving the API response, you need an additional column from the same "row15" record from which the "customer_number" column originated.

If this is indeed the scenario, and you're utilizing the "use the default (key/value) in global variables" setting in the tFlowToIterate_3 component, the internal ID column for the current record will also be automatically stored in a global variable. This enables you to retrieve its value using a tJavaRow component, instead of using tJoin and tBufferInput components.

Suppose you have "customer_id" and "internal_id" columns from row15, both being of type String.

In the tREST component, you're likely employing something similar to ((String)globalMap.get("row15.customer_id")) to invoke the API and let's assume you receive a "result" column from the API response.

By replacing tJoin_1 component with a tJavaRow, you could use something like the following to get the internal_id back into the flow:

output_row.result = input_row.result;

output_row.internal_id = ((String)globalMap.get("row15.internal_id"));

JFournier1632810800
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the answer that's excatly what I was looking for. I should have think about tJavarow but I'm not very familiar with this componement for now.

Anyway It's work now and It's more effecient.

Regards