Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackStrong
Contributor II
Contributor II

Routine and JSON libraries

Hi Everyone.

I have two questions regarding JSON and libraries/imports.

I need to create a routine based on the existing tJavaFlex java code but I can't find out which library should I add to my new routine (by Edit Routine Libraries option).

The logic in tFlexJava is quite complicated so I don't want to choose different library (classes) in my new routine by mistake. 

1. How to find out which library is used when I call below statements in tJavaFlex component (there are no any imports in Advanced settings; no tLibraryLoad component in the job)?

JSONArray array = new JSONArray(jsonString);

JSONObject object = new JSONObject();

I even built a job and I checked what are the files in \lib directory but there are a lot of them (~70 files, eg. json-io-4.13.1-TALEND.jar, json-smart-2.4.7.jar,jackson-core-2.13.4.jar,jackson-core-2.13.4.jar,jackson-databind-2.13.4.2.jar).

And to be honest I am not sure if these are all json libraries uses by my talend job.

Especially when I look at the some failures in Talend Studio during execution, eg.

routines.system.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1]

at routines.system.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONObject.java:1819)

at routines.system.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:166)

at routines.system.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:308)

2.Once I know which library should I import to my new routine, is there any better way to force routine to use a particular library than using Edit Routine Libraries option?

Without importing I receive error "JSONObject/JSONArray cannot be resolved".

Best regards,

Jack Strong

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Michal Swiniarski​ ,

1. it will use the system built-in routines.jar while calling the JSONObject statements in tJavaFlex component as the below

0695b00000fKsvFAAS.png 2. The only way to use a particular library for the routine is to use Edit Routine Libraries option

Best regards

Aiming