Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbhatt1810
Contributor III
Contributor III

Row cannot be resolved to variable - error

I have Row1 as Main and Row2 as look up table and using below expression in tMAP to join the column. While running the job, it gives " row2 cannot be resolved to a variable". What am I doing wrong here? See attached screenshot for job and error.

Expression: "row1.Tag24==row2.Tag3 || row1.Tag25==row2.Tag3 "

What I am trying to achieve is join row1.Tag24 with row2.tag3 and if that fails then row1.tag25 with row2.tag3.

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The expression key field does not support ternary expression like row1.Tag24==row2.Tag3 || row1.Tag25==row2.Tag3.

I think you need to do different joins and merge the result.

Regards

Shong

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@Janki Bhatt​ , To add to @Shicong Hong​  you need to compare sting data type fields with below way and row1.Tag24.equals(row2.Tag3) not with == and if you wan to do the above way then you need to do cross join and then in the output section you need to activate the filter and specify the expression which you want.

Thanks,

Manohar

jbhatt1810
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Manohar B​ I tried row1.Tag24.equals(row2.Tag3)

but threw same error. Could you share exact syntax converting below with "equals" keyword?

row1.Tag24==row2.Tag3 || row1.Tag25==row2.Tag3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Janki Bhatt​

The problem is not the equals function, it is the Expr.key field does not allow to reference to row2.columnName on the row2 lookup table.