Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmit
Creator II
Creator II

Row & column

Hi All,

My input file is like below

Name;Age;product

and my output should be

Name

product

The inputfile has only one record

Can anyone help me with the solution , am using talend open studio 8.0

Thanks in Advance

Lmit

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lmit
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ , thanks for the component , and i was able to achieve what i needed.

Thanks to all

Thanks,

lmit

View solution in original post

9 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@none none​ , check the below link , you need to use custom component. which is tUnpivotRow.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/converting-cols-to-rows/converting-columns-to-rows

lmit
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks @Manohar B​  for the quick reply but i cant use custom component due to client limitations

Can you please suggest any other way to achieve this

thanks in advance

lmit

lmit
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI All,

any suggestions please apart from the component tUnpivotRow

@Manohar B​ , am not able to download the tUnpivotRow component , when am trying to download its asking for login and when i give the details its saying "permission deinied"

Thanks in advance,

Lmit

gjeremy1617088143

hi @none none​ ,

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00008NeCUfCAN/how-to-make-a-regular-and-easy-transposition-pivot-row-to-columns

Send me love and kudos

lmit
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @guenneguez jeremy​ , thanks for your reply but the solution you provided is not giving me the correct results

My input will look like

Name;age;productID

Output should be

name

productID

The solution you shared is opposite to my requirement even then i tried with what you suggested but couldn't get the required result

Out the output as input itself

Thanks,

lmit

lmit
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

can someone help with other solutions

Thanks,

Lmit

lmit
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Manohar B​ , can you tell me how to download the component because am getting error while login into the exchange page as "permission denied"

Is there any other way to download the component

Thanks,

Lmit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lmit, I attach the component in this post, please refer to this article to learn how to install the component to studio.

BTW, please send mail to community_help@talend.com if you have log-in issue to Talend Exchange.

Regards

Shong

lmit
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ , thanks for the component , and i was able to achieve what i needed.

Thanks to all

Thanks,

lmit