Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running a single job multiple times simultaneously at a time.

Hello guys,

How to run a single job multiple times simultaneously at a time using different inputs in the same system?

Thanks&Regards

Chandrika.

Labels (2)
10 Replies
fdenis
Master
Master

hi, the simple way is to create a job who iterate calling tRunJob
allowing parallele

read this first:
https://help.talend.com/reader/hAvEdyyJuy8ve5LO7PwFXA/9udHX4pQIyxz3t6Q60Ycpg
goodLuck
madhukolli2003
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Fdenis,

Can you please post english version link?

fdenis
Master
Master

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi fdenis
Thanks for the reply.
Is there any other alternative without using trunjob component?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What @fdenis suggested is a good way, but I can understand why it might not work. Can you give a bit more detail as to why you need another method? This might help us identify a more suitable method for you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello rhall_2_0,
I have to run my job multiple times with different input context variables without waiting for the completion of first iteration.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you are using the subscription version, this can be done with the TAC or TMC quite easily. Just set up your multiple jobs and configure the contexts for them. If not, you can compile your job and run multiple versions on the command line. 

Oh I should mention that if you are using the subscription version you can run several of your jobs in parallel using the method that @fdenis suggested. But you can overdo the parallel processing on one machine if you are not careful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi

Thanks for the response , Could you pl share if TAC or TMC is an addon module to install

I have installed Talend open studio for data integration , couldn't see any tParallel job or details 

Some more details will help , thanks 

Also looking for subscription version details 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

TAC (Talend Administration Center) and TMC (Talend Management Console) are part of the Data Fabric subscription package. Given that you are not using Data Fabric, you will be limited as to how you can do this. 

The solution supplied by @fdenis will work, but may need some tweaking with some logic to identify which tRunJobs to run. By that I mean, you will have 4 versions of your job set to run in parallel in your "wrapper job", you will also need to have 4 versions of the context variables to supply to them. If you have 21 instances of the job to be run, for 5 of the "wrapper job" runs will be fine since each of the context variables will be populated with appropriate values, however the "wrapper job" will need to be called again for the 21st instance. 

For information on Data Fabric, go to this page and fill in the details for more information....

https://info.talend.com/request_datafabric.html?type=productspage