Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRoux
Contributor II
Contributor II

SAP ERP - api.use_z_talend_read_table

Hi all,

We are using Talend Data Management Platform v6.5 and we want to extract data from SAP.

We have deployed TEDK900247.zip to SAP S/4.

Now I get an error by using api.use_z_talend_read_table in combination with tSAPTableInput :

Exception in component tSAPTableInput_1 (POCTalend_readTable)

SAPException@3b35a229 [

errorCode=11

,errorGroup=126

,errorKey=FIELD_NOT_VALID

,errorMessage=FIELD_NOT_VALID

,errorMessageNumber=000

,errorMessageText=

,bapiName=Z_TALEND_READ_TABLE

,tableName=MARA

]

I tried SE37 transaction on SAP system to run Z_TALEND_READ_TABLE bapi with the same result : "FIELD_NOT_VALID"

Other components like tSAPODPInput, who uses Z_TALEND_ODP_EXTRACT_COLUMN bapi, work fine.

I attached some pictures.

Any ideas ?

Thank you

Stéphane

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SRoux
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I get it ! Meta data of table keeps in Talend was different from the real SAP dictionary structure. Just refresh our meta data and all are fine. So no problem with the Talend's BAPI deployment or version.

To debug I unselected all columns of the table to retrieve. At this moment no more error. Next, by try and error, I selected column to get. Finally I identified a couple of columns returning error. By checking SAP ERP (SE16 transaction) we saw that columns were no more present, dev team had deleted them !

0693p000009rtPZAAY.png

0693p000009rtPUAAY.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

did you installed right Talend modules to SAP ? Check the SAP version and install the modules accordingly.

If the error continues you need to contact Talend Support to provide you the new module files.

SRoux
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I get it ! Meta data of table keeps in Talend was different from the real SAP dictionary structure. Just refresh our meta data and all are fine. So no problem with the Talend's BAPI deployment or version.

To debug I unselected all columns of the table to retrieve. At this moment no more error. Next, by try and error, I selected column to get. Finally I identified a couple of columns returning error. By checking SAP ERP (SE16 transaction) we saw that columns were no more present, dev team had deleted them !

0693p000009rtPZAAY.png

0693p000009rtPUAAY.png