Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hilmandenis
Contributor
Contributor

StringIndexOutOfBoundsException error on tMap

Hi everyone,

I have a tMap and use a substring formula on 1 of the lookup column. The formula is like this 

row4.Merchandising_Code.substring(1,3) 

When I run, I got an error says StringIndexOutOfBoundException: String Index Out Of Range: 3. When I look into my column values, there's some of the value that has 3 characters and there's also a blank value. After searching in this forum, I changed my query into this one

row4.Merchandising_Code.substring(1,Math.min(3, row4.Merchandising_Code.length()))

But I still got an error and now its String Index Out Of Range: -1. I think it because of the blank value. What should I change in the formula to catch blank values?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@Hilman Utomo​ , can you try to use the below on.so you will not get IndexOutOfBoundsException.

row4.Merchandising_Code.length()>3?row4.Merchandising_Code.substring(1,3) :row4.Merchandising_Code

Thanks,

Manohar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@Hilman Utomo​ , can you try to use the below on.so you will not get IndexOutOfBoundsException.

row4.Merchandising_Code.length()>3?row4.Merchandising_Code.substring(1,3) :row4.Merchandising_Code

Thanks,

Manohar

hilmandenis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks a lot, Sir