Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PRai
Contributor
Contributor

SAS Drivers missing from Talend Studio 7.3

Hello everyone,

Could not test a Metadata SAS connection due to missing drivers (sas.core.jar is mapped to an incorrect file hence not listed below). Download and install is not available and hence went to Maven URI to check but the jar files are missing from there as well (contains only the .pom file).

Can someone please let me know how or where to find the drivers to make this work.

0695b00000EYAgfAAH.png

Maven URI

0695b00000EYAjoAAH.png

Thanks,

PR

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE.

The JDK is the Java Development Kit. The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. You actually get a JRE when you download the JDK. You cannot develop and compile with the JRE, you can only run your precompiled code. As such you need the JDK for your Studio. It is a good idea to ONLY install the JDK across all of your environments as it comes with the JRE anyway.

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

13 Replies
aksharma
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

I am not an expert but last time when I faced this issue it was related to network .it used to disable the download option.

Could you check if you are able to download any of the other dependencies unrelated with SAS ?

Best Regards

Ashish

PRai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

yes, I am able to install other drivers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's SAS Db version are you using?

Are you able to set up all the 3 jars?

sas.core.jar

sas.security.sspi.jar

sas.svc.connection.jar

Do component "tSASinput" and "tSASOutput" have connection issue? Could you connect SAS by these components?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's SAS Db version are you using?

Are you able to set up all the 3 jars?

cf:

sas.core.jar

sas.security.sspi.jar

sas.svc.connection.jar

Do component "tSASinput" and "tSASOutput" have connection issue? Could you connect SAS by these components?

Best regards

Sabrina

PRai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply!

I am using SAS version 9.4 

0695b00000EYOfWAAX.pngNo I have not installed the SAS drivers yet since I cannot find them, I am asking the community to let me know the correct method or location to download from.

Since "tSASinput" and "tSASOutput" are no longer supported in the Talend v7.3 onwards I was not able to test them, I am trying the SAS connection through Metadata connection like below

0695b00000EYOfCAAX.png 

Regards,

PR

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it possible to download sas jar file from

https://support.sas.com/downloads/

and install required jar files into studio by module?

Here is online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Installing external modules manually using the Modules view

Best regards

Sabrina

PRai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the information, I was able to download and find the missing drivers. But it did not solve the issue I am getting the below error

Can you suggest what could have caused this issue, is it possible that some class definitions are missing from the drivers?

0695b00000EZ7KKAA1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Looks like still a missing jar issue. The problem with some versions Java, not having CORBA available.

What's JDK version are you using?

Best regards

Sabrina

PRai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for the suggestion, I am using the jre "1.8.0_281 java version 8.