Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL Server connection thru ODBC or JDBC in Talend 6.x

Hi,
I have an existing ODBC connection with my Exact Synergy database to an Excel document.
Now I wan't to have a direct connection from the Exact db to my own PostgreSQL db thru Talend.
My current job looks like this:
tJDBCConnection --onSubjobOK--> tJDBCInput --row1-->tLogRow  (eventually there should be a tPostgresqlOutput here at the end)
I don't really know what to fill in at:
- Driver JAR
- Driver Class
And i get an error which says: This component tJDBCConnection requires at least one external jar to be installed. But when i click install there are no installs available.
Also via the current ODBC conncetion the authentication works with the windows logon credentials, can this be established with Talend aswell? Because in the component tJDBCConnection there are fields for static username and password...
Labels (3)
4 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

Exact Synergy it is Software name, it always based on some real database - like MS SQL Server
So You can need use not native jdbc string, but normal tMSSQLInput component
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry i forgot to mention that the underlying DB is indeed MS SQL SERVER.
So what you say @vapukov is that i can use tMSSQLInput instead of tJDBCConnection?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry i forgot to mention that the underlying DB is indeed MS SQL SERVER.
So what you say @vapukov is that i can use tMSSQLInput instead of tJDBCConnection?

Yes you can. You can always try to do a test connection before you start your dev work
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much guys, it worked. 
I am now using tMSSqlConnection --> tMSSQLInput --> tMap --> etc.
Although i think i can remove the first (tMSSqlConnection) component because you can set the connection properties in the tMSSQLInput too. Is that true or is it wise to keep it like this for some reason?