Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL server with named instance, always concatenate the semi-colon (for the port), which is I guess an issue

When ever i create a connection string to SQL server named instance by hand like this jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\sql2016;DatabaseName=TMM12; it works fine, but when-ever i click the finish button and try to read the queries, it will show my some connection error. And when i get back to my database connection string setting, there will be extra colon :, after the named instance, which is i guess wrong. Take a look at my screenshot to see and why Talend, concatenate that connection always. It is a blocking for me because I cannot connect to my database.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The "String of Connection" is grey out. It will be filled in the connection details automatically. Please see my screenshot.

0683p000009Lr4w.png

Could you please try to use:
Login: XXX
Password:
Server: localhost/ip address
Port: 1433
Database: XXX
Schema: 
Additional Parameters: instance=SQLEXPRESS and check if nlmauth.dll is placed in the JRE\bin directory?

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Centralizing database metadata

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The "String of Connection" is grey out. It will be filled in the connection details automatically. Please see my screenshot.

0683p000009Lr4w.png

Could you please try to use:
Login: XXX
Password:
Server: localhost/ip address
Port: 1433
Database: XXX
Schema: 
Additional Parameters: instance=SQLEXPRESS and check if nlmauth.dll is placed in the JRE\bin directory?

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Centralizing database metadata

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wow.. thank you very much. I think i went through this documentation but i
haven't seen about the "instance" additional parameters.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry but i revert my answer. IT STILL DOES NOT WORK. I thought it was working when i found out that I was connecting to un-named instance of SQL express, and when i disable it as shown on the picture below, the connection fails

0683p000009Lqqc.png

As you can see, i got to instance of SQL Server running, when i disable the un-named instance, the connection on talend does not work, so i guess the additional parameters that you provided does not really work.

0683p000009Lqtu.pngStill failing connection with instance on the additional parameter0683p000009Lr7y.pngTCP IP

So i guess that connection string should be really updated on it's format in order for it to work, as i described on my first message.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can you  successfully connect to your sql server through client without using talend tool?

Your SQL Server Configuration Manager TCP/IP is Enabled? Could you please make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall?

Please refer to this document:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24592717/error-connection-refused-connect-verify-the-connection-... and let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, i can connect to it using other tool, but the connection format should be  as shown on my previous email   jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\sql2016;DatabaseName=TMM12;

The talend tool generate extra colon after SQL2016, that is why the connection is wrong. If you look at this screenshot https://community.talend.com/yutwg22796/attachments/yutwg22796/integrating/9916/1/connection-bug.png
Spretorius
Contributor
Contributor

For this to work you will have to use the below method

Server: Servername;instanceName=sql01.

Port: (Must be blank)

So your string will look something like this

jdbc:sqlserver://Server;instanceName=sql01;DatabaseName=DB;integratedSecurity=true