Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacco_De_Zwart
Creator
Creator

SalesForce connectino is missing module (table)

Hi there,

I don't know if I'm the right place, but I have a question regarding the SalesForce connection.

Right now I'm evaluating Talend open studio and as a means of testing I want to retrieve data from SalesForce. I am able to get the connection working and I can get a list of modules (tables) in SalesForce.

But I'm missing (at least) one module/table in that list. That is the OpportunityLineItem module/table. When I use DBeaver (with an odbc connection to SalesForce) I am able to see the table, but not with Talend Open Studio.

What can there be wrong?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question doesn't belong here.

Jacco

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you able to use tSalesforceInput and perform a manual query with OpportunityLineItem module/table? Try to connect the tSalesforceInput to a tLogRow and let us know if there is any result.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend Open Studio version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

Jacco_De_Zwart
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Sabrina,

I use Talend Open Studio (for Data Integration) 7.3.1

And the plugin version of SalesForce is 7.3.1.20190624_1017

Jacco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you able to use tSalesforceInput and perform a manual query with OpportunityLineItem module/table? Try to connect the tSalesforceInput to a tLogRow and let us know if there is any result.

Best regards

Sabrina

Jacco_De_Zwart
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Yes, that works.

Result in the attached picture.

Jacco0695b00000JNi8BAAT.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are supposing that you have checked the online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Centralizing Salesforce metadata

Please check it to see if there is any case sensitive issue for your module.

Best regards

Sabrina

Jacco_De_Zwart
Creator
Creator
Author

Sabrina,

When I use the SalesForce Metadata, I'm not able to find the OpportunityLineItem table (or module). I don't think it has anything to do with case sensitive or something like that.

Here is a screenshot of DBeaver showing the table in SalesForce (using 64-bit ODBC Devart driver)0695b00000JPYirAAH.pngHere is a screenshot of Talend showing all tables with Opportunity

0695b00000JPYkdAAH.png 

This shows all tables in Talend with Line, doesn't show OpportunityLineItem

0695b00000JPYmKAAX.png 

This shows what I was looking for, but could not found.

0695b00000JPYm5AAH.png 

So, I don't think it's a case sensitive issue. I allso wasn't able to find the table Product2 in de metadata list (yes, the Product2 is the right name). But that can be because it has something to do with custom table which is made for our SalesForce implementation.

Jacco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Feel free to create a jira issue of DI project on talend bug tracker and our developer will make a further investigation on it.

https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Best regards

Sabrina