Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Streamin API integration

Hello,
Does Talend support Salesforce Streaming API?
I tried to find such component in Talend Studio DI but unfortunatelly could not.
Thanks.
Labels (4)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,
that is currently a roadmap item. Could you detail the concrete use case. Maybe we can help otherwise?
Thomas
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer.
The use case is to get last changes from Salesforce.
The native Salesforce solution is to be notified by streamin API in case of any operations with specific data: create, update, delete...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
How is the user expected to interact with the job ? Is the job expected to be a server which the notifications will flow to ?
The following kind of implies it is a server:
http://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api_streaming/Content/code_sample_auth_oauth.htm#code_sampl...
Note, the test level authentication, http://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api_streaming/Content/code_sample_auth_dev_test.htm, is directly supported with tRESTClient OAuth2 Bearer type
Cheers, Sergey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sergey,
In ideal case yes: the job should be started as a listener of notifications from Salesforce.
At this moment we will not use OAuth2 (just simple login by user name and password with security token).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, it appears a combination of tRESTRequest and tRESTClient components can work. The former would provide a running server (or if you need SOAP then you'd use tESB request component). tRESTClient would be used by a  tRESTRequest job to register this server for receiving the notifications....
Cheers, Sergey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!
I will try the solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,
I tried solution with tSOAP component. But it looks like the problem that I need correct configuration of security ceritificate.
I downloaded Self-Signed certificate ( key size = 2048) from Salesforce and imported to my local key store:
keytool -import -noprompt -trustcacerts -alias sfcert -file D:\Talend\configuration\talend_cert1.crt -storetype jks -keystore sfkeystore.jks -storepass sfkeystore
keytool -list -keystore sfkeystore.jks
Keystore type: JKS
Keystore provider: SUN
Your keystore contains 1 entry
sfcert, Dec 23, 2014, trustedCertEntry,
Certificate fingerprint (SHA1): 13:C0:C6:8B:A0 5:4C:B2:45:2E:5F:F2:3C:1E:0B

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My apologies, I found the real reason of the problems with connectivity because of our network configuration.
BTW, tSOAP component doesn't work together with tSetProxy: I found that it is necessary to configure tSOAP proxy settings directly in the component. Maybe this is a defect ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi vkoz,
BTW, tSOAP component doesn't work together with tSetProxy: I found that it is necessary to configure tSOAP proxy settings directly in the component. Maybe this is a defect ?

On which official version did you get that? Could you please show us your job setting screenshot to repro this?
Best regards
Sabrina