Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tan
Contributor
Contributor

Scheduling parent and child jobs via Window Scheduler

Hi Everyone,

Could you please help me in scheduling TOS job via window 10 scheduler.

I got a job which is connected to a child job. I'm not sure if i only need to build job for parent or child together.

My parent job pick the data and iterate and pass data to child job and child job process that data.

Please advise what is best approach.

Design of my job is below for reference:

Thanks

0695b00000KAmYQAA1.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, after you build the job script, you can run the job by executing the executable file (jobName_run.bat on Windows or jobName_run.sh on Linux).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Export the job script of parent job, make sure the 'export dependencies' box is checked during your export. Google how to schedule a task using windows 10 scheduler on internet, like:

https://windowsreport.com/schedule-tasks-windows-10/

Regards

Shong

Tan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Shong, I selected the parent job and clicked on 'export item' and checked 'Export dependencies' and selected root directory and clicked finish.

Now i can see folder which i created but which file i need to select in Win scheduler.

One more question what is the purpose of 'Build Job' option. On internet it says use this, which option is best. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should use 'Build Job' option to export the executable file of job, the 'Export item' option is used to export the job item files.

Regards

Shong

Tan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong,

When i right click on parent job and click Build job there is no option to click 'Export dependencies' which you mentioned above.

Please advice which option i need to click so that my parent and linked child job able to run via Win scheduler. Thanks

0695b00000KAqC9AAL.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is my fault, the ‘Export dependencies' option only appears when exporting items. Ignore it.

Tan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Shong, just for my understanding, so i simply click on parent job and then build job then it will automatically take the child job.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, after you build the job script, you can run the job by executing the executable file (jobName_run.bat on Windows or jobName_run.sh on Linux).