Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennifer_siders
Contributor III
Contributor III

Send Email with Attachment

Hello All,

We have a simple requirement to pick a file from a folder and send it as an email attachment. Once the email with the attachment is sent, then we would like to move the file to a different location using 'tFileCopy' . My problem, is I only get emails without an attachment first, and later on, on an intermittent basis receive one more email with an attachment.

tFIleList ---> tSendEMail

If condition to trigger email only when there is a file ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_2_NB_FILE"))!=0

0695b00000Gfa6GAAR.png

tSendEmail:

0695b00000Gfa4AAAR.png

tFileCopy:

0695b00000Gfa4UAAR.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure the file is sent as attachment before it is removed, I would suggest you to move tFileCopy after tSendMail component, eg:

tFileList-iterate--tSendMail--oncomponentok--tFileCopy.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

Hi,

TfileList-->iterate link -->tJava with this code: globalMap.put("filePath",(String)globalMap.get("tFileList_2_CURRENT_FILEPATH"));

followed by two trigger links

after the tjava one for send mail an other for file copy with this condition (String)globalMap.get("filePath") != null

and you use (String)globalMap.get("filePath") in the two components.

Maybe you don't need an itermediary variable (here filePath) and you can use (String)globalMap.get("tFileList_2_CURRENT_FILEPATH") everywhere.

Send me Love and Kudos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure the file is sent as attachment before it is removed, I would suggest you to move tFileCopy after tSendMail component, eg:

tFileList-iterate--tSendMail--oncomponentok--tFileCopy.

Jennifer_siders
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​  Thanks it worked as a charm.

Jennifer_siders
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @guenneguez jeremy​ for the response. I couldn't try your solution, but has helped me for implementing a other requirement 🙂