Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Service Registry

Hi,
I am very new to Talend ESB.
Is there a service registry provided by Talend ESB? I believe the older version did have SOPERA based service registry but not sure if it exists in the newer version. Any pointers to documentation/ tutorials will be greatly helpful.
Thanks,
Ashish
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashish,
we don't provide a registry yet with the Talend ESB. That said we just started a month ago to design and implement a new registry for the Talend ESB. Currently we plan to make available a first version with 5.3 next year in Spring. So stay tuned
Regards,
Zsolt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Ashish,
if you want to go open source, until Talend releases its implementation, you can try the Membrane SOA Registry ( http://www.membrane-soa.org/soa-registry/ ) or WSO2 (http://wso2.com/products/governance-registry/ ). I like the Membrane more because it's more lightweight and easier to put next to the Talend solution.
@Zsolt; we are looking forward to see an integrated registry with the Talend ESB
Best regards
Gabriel
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just a short note for other readers of the thread to distinguish between a runtime endpoint registry and a design time service registry targeted at discovery by humans. The latter is typicalyl provided using UDDI by products such as HP Systinet II. These registries are for wsdl and documenting other meta-data about a service, e.g. available SLA. Talend does include a _runtime_ _endpoint_ registry. It is an endpoint registry in the sense it deals with instances of services rather than the abstract service, and it is focused on endpoint virtualization using Zookeeper so that services consumers and service providers interact in a location independent manner.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ashish,
just to be sure: if the lookup of Service (Provider) endpoints is what you need and what you search for and refers as 'Service Registry' then take a look ot the Talend ESB Service Locator. Each ESB Provider can register his endpoint on the ESB Service Locator and ESB Consumers can find awailable Service Providers by the service name. By this we provide already a way to loosely couple ESB Consumers and Providers, to find available Providers at runtime and the feature also provide some ESB Consumer site failover and load balancing support.
If this is all you need just take a look at the Service Locator feature.
Thanks
Dietmar
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for the response. I am currently looking for design time registry that can help us with documenting what service and its operation does. Unfortunately, I am not able to import wsdls into membrane even though they are valid wsdls. WSO2 is reasonably good but has no easy way to document operation level information or to document Restful services.
What is the timeline for Talend to to come out with design time registry.
Also, can you please point me to the documentation for setting up runtime registry?
Thanks,
Ap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ap,
Unfortunately, I am not able to import wsdls into membrane even though they are valid wsdls

I don't much remember already - maybe you need more compact form of the WSDL and schema - try to import/export from SoapUI (it will put all types into one file)
Also, can you please point me to the documentation for setting up runtime registry?

well - it is built in - start the zookeeper server or install TESB Service Locator feature (as Dietmar pointed out) - it should be already registered in the runtime, you only need to enable it.
If you use TOS to implement your services, then it is only a checkbox to enable service registration or discovery. For implementing your own services, you can leverage a talend locator feature (JAXWS feature).
Beste
Gabriel