Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting the default directory in TOS 6.4 vs 7.1?

Hi all, I'm running into a strange issue, hoping someone has experienced this or could help me out.

In Talend 6.4 Big Data, if I create a sample file using tFileOutputDelimited to the location "./testfile.txt" , my file is placed in the top level folder of my Talend installation, which in this case is "C:\TOS_BD-20170623_1246-V6.4.1\testfile.txt" (this is the same folder in which TOS_BD-win-x86_64.exe is installed in).

However, if I try to create a file the same way in Talend 7.1, my file is placed into the following location...

"TOS_DI-20181026_1147-V7.1.1\workspace\TEST_PROJ\poms\jobs\process\testjob1_0.1\src\main\ext-resources\testfile.txt" 

What is the reason for this difference? Is this something I can configure? I would prefer all my jobs within a project to use  "./" as a common directory (like how it worked in 6.4), NOT refer to separate directories based on which job it's in.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The default directory should be <TalendInstallationPath>/workspace/out.xxx.

Are you able to browse a new filepath for your output file?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Yes I am able to browse to set a new filepath for my input files, however, my question is more centered around how to set the default directory.

An additional reason that I do not prefer the directory to be embedded so many levels deep within the file structure (as it's currently doing in 7.1.1), is that it seems those folders get reset whenever the Talend program is restarted and the project is reloaded.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you troubleshoot or give advice - I've been a Talend fanatic for several years and now that I have updated to 7.1 I am really struggling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Phoenix,
I also searching for the result of this issue. Did you figured it out?
Thanks
Lissi
Xenoflex
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi there,

I run into the same problem, does anybody found a solution for this issue?

When starting the built job on the ubuntu server, its still working correct, like the old default path, but not in TOS with Windows itself.

Thanks in advance,

Xenoflex

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am running into the same problem, does any body have solution?