Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User5855061838151518
Contributor
Contributor

SharePoint Online Excel file Download using Talend

Hello

Problem Statement : Download excel from SharePoint online where multiple excel files can be present. Identify latest file and download it in destination folder

We are open to use any component to achieve this like trest, tHttpsRequest, tfileFetch provided it works and we are using below URL from SharePoint copy link option not what other component configuration I need to change in tHttpsRequest or tFileFetch component

SharePoint URL used:  https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/:x:/r/sites/BI/Shared%20Documents/BIChanges/Open%20Red%20RMA%20Rep...

We have multiple file in SharePoint folder as below and we need to use latest carrier status file

0693p00000AZkQMAA1.png 

1. In HttpRequets component getting 403 FORBIDDEN error
  2. In TFileFetch getting java.lang.Exception: Method failed: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently error

Exception in component tFileFetch_1 (SHarePointTest)

java.lang.Exception: Method failed: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

at 

We need urgent help in this which URL to use. I have followed correct copy link from SharePoint and other component settings

Thanks

Smita

Labels (4)
5 Replies
Aadhi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

You can use Soap call (tSoap) to download the file from sharepoint.

User5855061838151518
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Will you give more details about like sample component configuration. I have already tried tHTTPRequest and tFileFetch but no luck

Aadhi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have attached screenshot with configuration details which you need to provide in tsoap component.

You can get the soap request template from the sharepoint URL.

In your case, ​ https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/:x:/r/sites/BI/_vti_bin/copy.asmx

GetItem action will give the file content in base64 encoded version. You can use a simple java code to convert it to a excel file.

I have attached the sample job flow for your reference.

Aadhi
Contributor
Contributor

see screenshot.

LO1
Contributor
Contributor

Could you give me more details on how to use the tSoap component?