Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Snowflake connection give net.jdbc.SQLException with incorrect username or password was specified

Talent Studio - cloud 7.3.1 TRIAL Version

Cannot connect to SNOWFLAKE. I am able to connect using the design mode. When I give test connection, IDE brings back the tables/schema related to that connection. But when I run the job with the same connection from the meta it fails with an exception report stating

"Exception in component tDBConnection_1 (APP1_POC)

java.lang.RuntimeException: net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeSQLException: Incorrect username or password was specified."

I would highly thank anybody who would give a solution to the above. Thank you so much.

Labels (3)
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can anyone help? This should be possible. Is there any place where at runtime I need to specify userid, pwd? I gave it during design time of metadata and it connects.

Kindly help please.

Thank you,
S

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@soadevelopers, I have not seen this type of issue when connecting with the snowflake from Talend. which version of Talend are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Using the latest. Downloaded few days back.

I just found out FTP is also having issues. There seems to be some conflicts when installed on MAC system.

Cloud Studio seems to be not working.  Looks like I have to troubleshoot myself. Will keep you posted.

Thank you for trying to support.

regards,

S

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@soadevelopers, Ok check and let me know.

kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

is there any update on this topic?

We are currently facing a similar issue with Talend 7.3. On my local machine the job is working as expected, but when uploading it to a server and running the shell script from there, I get the following error message:

java.lang.RuntimeException: net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeSQLException: Incorrect username or password was specified.

Same job build with Talend 7.2 is working fine.

Best,

Kai

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My problem is solved. Look into the following things:1. Check JDBC url. Make sure it has role defined correctly and also the role in snowflake remains same. Also make sure snowflake warehouse RUNNING.2. Check server firewall policies. 3. Access to snowflake should have a parameter in JDBC which says authentication or authorization which should be snowflake. Please search for the 3rd point. Snowflake has given some documentation.4. see that the JDBC driver link is also available in the server.5. If al above looks good then.. restart.
Hope this helps.
JJS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

I had this same issue with Talend Studio 7.3.1. this week I was able to access my Snowflake account through the IDE using the tSnowflakeOutput component; that is, I could see the database objects in my schema and select the table in the component, but then at run time I would get "Incorrect user name or password specified." I seemed to search Google exhaustively, until a colleague speculated that perhaps my installed version of the JRE (1.8.0_74) might be the issue. He was correct. I upgraded to 1.8.0_301 and the error was fixed. I was able to immediately connect and insert records to the Snowflake table.

If you are experiencing this error, run a java -version check and see if your JRE might be in need of a more recent version. Certainly, version 1.8.0_74 did not work as expected.

JJS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Also - as a point of interest - when increasing the memory for my Talend IDE in the Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini on my MaOS today, I noted that the JRE that the Talend Studio IDE is using is configured in that file and the IDE is configured to use the JRE bundled with the 7.3.1 install (1.8.0_202 in this example), and it's not using the JRE found in $JAVA_HOME. However, when running a job in Talend itself, the jobs will use the JRE that is configured in your $JAVA_HOME directory. I'm near certain this is the case because this explains why I was having a problem running a Talend job where the IDE was able to connect with Snowflake via a Snowflake component, but when running the job the same Snowflake component failed with an error and was unable to connect and said "Incorrect user name and password specified." (with the same user name and password). Again, the problem was fixed by upgrading the JRE run time pointed to by my $JAVA_HOME.