Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Snowflake database name issue

Hi Folks,

I am using Talend 7.3.1 and having an issue when loading data into Snowflake using the snowflakeDBOutput.

I am keep getting "table does not exist or not authorized " error when I have database name or schema name in lower case in Snowflake.

For example, I will get above error when I try to load data into a database name "Example". But If the database name is "EXAMPLE" then everything works fine.

Could anyone help me on how to make the Talend job work with lower case letters in the database name

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

The worked around you can try with built-in option to create connection use the context variable with lower case use it. Other than this I do not think other work around.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

I believe the database name you will set only one time if you have created metadata connection for that database. So I suggest you to create a metadata connection for that database and you can import tables from that database and you can use those table to drag and drop to job design from repository.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manothar,
I have tried to create connection in Metadata and use the connection from there but it does not work.
my jobs failed with the same error when the database name is not all capitalized
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

So if is it upper case of the database name that connection is working,?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

connection is working.
I can see all available tables in both conditions.
but job only works when database name/schema name is upper case.
if the names contain lower case letter, job will fail with table not exist or not authorized error
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Database name: quotation marks, the name of the Snowflake database to be used. This name is case-sensitive and is normally upper case in Snowflake. Check the below link.
https://help.talend.com/reader/_LlTNckRRxzJvsZX2F88sA/jtWjldqOdzb7g5EPQMd2Tg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

is there a way or work around to work with lower case database name? we want to keep existing lower cased letter database name in our Snowflake
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

The worked around you can try with built-in option to create connection use the context variable with lower case use it. Other than this I do not think other work around.