Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mani1304
Creator
Creator

Split Files

Hi All,

I have a file having several records, but few records are of same id, now need to separate records which have same id. After every same set of records we have ENDORDER as keyword, this can be taken into consideration to split the file. Can someone suggest on it.

Labels (3)
12 Replies
mani1304
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @Shicong Hong​ there is no fixed columns it may be 1 or many, means only A is constant but B,C,D can come many times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To read the flat file, we must define the schema in design phase. In your case, there is no header line in the file,

I guess the max number of columns is 7 and I define 7 columns on the schema, the value will be null for the rest columns if the row don't have 7 columns. You don't show us an example of XML file you expected or you don’t know what the XML file looks like;(, I’m afraid I can’t continue to help you.

Regards

Shong

mani1304
Creator
Creator
Author

@Shicong Hong​ As a work around I split the file into 4 types and then merged the files into tFileXMLOutput Component and this way I am able to do it, but I am looking for a different way if the Talend provides.