Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TAC job failing after adding custom component

Our setup:
- Talend on Windows machines
- Talend on a Linux machine (TAC setup on linux)
- Everything's talking to the same SVN repo
We've just added a custom component and the job works as expected on the Windows machines, new component shows up in the components palette. all looks good.
When I try to schedule and run the job through TAC (setup on linux), it fails with 'Job ended with error(s)', the log shows that there were 'Unresolved compilation errors'
### Job STARTED at 2013/04/22 14:20:34 (jobId=20130422_142033_ON0tC, jobExecutionId=20130422142034_Zn2g9) ###
connecting to socket on port 10007
connected
disconnected
disconnected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
date cannot be resolved or is not a field
promo_code cannot be resolved or is not a field
- other scheduled jobs are running fine
- i see the component in the dir; /data/Talend-5.2.1/cmdline/studio/commandline-workspace/...
What have we tried?
- Restarted Talend on linux machine
- renamed the ComponentsCache.javacache file in /data/Talend-5.2.1/cmdline/studio/configuration and did a restart (which didn't seem to create the .javacache file again), am I missing a step here to have the file created?
Any help on getting this job scheduled through TAC would be much appreciated.
thank you,
Vivek
Labels (4)
16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Could you check your TAC configuration to see if the user component path has been set under commandline.
See my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MEIu.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sabrina,
I didn't have the path filled in and that's been updated now. I'm sure this would prevent some errors that I might have come across eventually.
I'm still getting the same compilation error stated in my original post (tried restarting just in case but no change).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi vivekp
Are your TAC and Studio on the same version?
Which product and version do you have?
If you need a quick feedback, you could also raise a ticket by sending your product details (license key and product version) and detailed issue to support@talend.com
BR,
Elisa
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Elisa
> yes, TAC and Studio are on the same version
> Product is Talend Enterprise Data Integration
> Version is v.5.2.1
Is there a way to improve logging so that it's a bit more informative? What if it's something else and I'm distracted by the reason potentially being the component?
regards,
Vivek
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
So far, we are not sure there is something else which distract you, so as @Elisa said, please report a ticket on our support portal. Our colleagues from support team will schedule a webex with you to give you a hand in 24 hours.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sabrina/Elisa,
There's a bit more information I have for you and perhaps you've seen this issue with others.
Effectively the job that's not running utilizes the new "tGoogleAnalyticsInput" component which shares the same name with the older version. So we renamed the new one to "tGoogleAnalyticsInputv111" in order to have them both working side by side. We renamed it by changing all the files and folders names to the one we wanted (..v111). No actual contents of any files were modified.
Doing this made it possible to keep our old job with the old GA update component while creating a brand new job with the new GA update component.
It works perfectly in Windows when we execute the job through the GUI. I'm not having the same success when setting up a schedule and running it through TAC. Our TAC is set-up and pointing to a Linux instance of Talend. See above (original post) for compiling errors I get when running the job with TAC.
You can see details about this component at http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=537&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
Let me know if this detail doesn't add any value to you for considering other possibilities why TAC isn't able to run my job. I'll proceed to raise a ticket with support after your feedback.
much thanks,
Vivek
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Resolved:
I wanted to update this thread with what I did to get the component into the repo and working in TAC. Since my last update, we've upgraded to "Talend Enterprise Big Data 5.4.1" and the same applies.
Since Talend is setup with subversion, do the following;
1. check out the SVN repo to local drive
2. goto the branch 'components' directory and copy your custom components folder into it
3. add/commit the component into the repo
4. goto TAC and re-generate the job using that component (probably any job will do) because we want to refresh the code being referenced in TAC
That should do it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi vivekp,
Thanks for your feedback. It is very helpful. Could you please click the "Set this topic as resolved" link so that other users will be informed that this thread has been resolved.
Many thanks
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Team,
I did changes in a custom component and used it in Talend IDE and tested it. It works as expected.
But i have an issue when i run the same job in Talend TAC server. I get errors and my changes in custom component are not getting reflected in the job. This job is still using previous version. How do i fix it?