Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TAC run job error: login failed

I'm trying to run a job through TAC and getting the following message. Anyone know where I need to change this login? thanks

### Job STARTED at 2011/06/06 15:03:39 (jobId=20110606_145432_R127Z, jobExecutionId=20110606150339_I1u3u) ###
connecting to socket on port 10693
connected
Exception in component tMSSqlCDC_1
java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2820)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2258)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:610)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:345)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at tms_test.memdata_update_atl_0_1.Memdata_update_ATL.tMSSqlCDC_1Process(Memdata_update_ATL.java:2034)
at tms_test.memdata_update_atl_0_1.Memdata_update_ATL.runJobInTOS(Memdata_update_ATL.java:7659)
at tms_test.memdata_update_atl_0_1.Memdata_update_ATL.main(Memdata_update_ATL.java:7531)
disconnected
### Job ENDED WITH ERROR at 2011/06/06 15:03:40 (jobId=20110606_145432_R127Z, jobExecutionId=20110606150339_I1u3u) ###
Labels (4)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i have verified the connection information in the metadata setup and when clicking "Check Connection", it is successful. the job runs fine within Studio, just not when i try to run it from TAC. thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it looks like you're trying to log in to MSSQL with windows authentication. in your MSSQL components, try setting it to sql auth (you'll have to define a user/pw )
rbaldwin
Creator
Creator

If you set up the jobserver service to run as a user that can log into the database it should resolve the problem. The SYSTEM, NETWORK SERVICE, and LOCAL SERVICE users typical of services don't generally have access to the databases. A quick simple test of this would be to set it to run as your user, restart the service and try to execute the job. If it works then you could create a "SERVICE" type of account with access to the database and configure the service to run as that user.
Hope that helps.