Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor

TMC - Public API - Task Is in deploy_failed status

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well.

We are trying to execute our jobs using the Public API commands.

Before triggering we check the status of the job and trigger only if the previous run had succeeded.

Occasionally we see the jobs with status as deploy_failed.

In such cases, the previous run shows the below mentioned error message.

Failed to execute deployment.

Connection parameters were not received in time.

I noticed that this used to be a bug and was fixed in the r2021-02 release. Please find the details below.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/release-notes/r2021-02-talend-cloud-management-console

Our Talend Studio is updated to a much recent 2021-11 version.

1. What is the cause of this issue ?
  2. Is this a server/engine side issue and needs to be fixed there or is it something to be handled on the code side.
  3. Is it safe to ignore and continue with our subsequent executions ?
  4. This is part of my other question regarding the meaning of each of the status - https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D55b00006lcctMCAQ

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Labels (6)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Bharath Kumar Ramachandran​,

Thanks for raising this. I suspect that subsequent executions will be absolutely fine here, however I urge you to raise this with support. If you can recreate this and demonstrate it to one of my support colleagues, they will be able to help you further with this.

Regards

Richard 

rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your response.

That exactly is the problem. This issue occurs quite randomly.

We have different set of jobs associated to each process. We have several processes. For each process, we trigger the list of jobs in order using the TMC Public API. This issue seems to hit different jobs on different days. On most days we do not have this issue at all. No actual pattern seen, but the issue has occurred a few times.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I see. The thing I would advise is to raise this and let support know of the issue. If you have anything in your logs which shows this, that will help. From that, they should be able to identify if there is anything you need to do to ensure you can mitigate for this issue.

Unfortunately I have not experienced this. However, I will keep my eye out for this so that I can fully understand it.

rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much for your response...Will do as per your suggestion...

Ed6
Contributor III
Contributor III

I looked in the KnowledgeBase but don't see any answers or resolutions to this problem? Can you share a bit about the solution?