Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHH2308
Contributor
Contributor

TOS-ESB: Error deploying Job to ESB Container

Greetings,

I've created an ESB job using tRESTRequest/tRESTResponse and am able to receive responses when running the job from Studio. When I try to build the job and deploy to ESB Runtime as a Talend Runtime (OSGi) build type, I am getting the following error:

java.lang.Exception: Job was not built successfully, please check the logs for more details available on C:/Talend/Studio/workspace/TESTPROJECT2/poms/jobs/process/testjob1_0.1/lastGenerated.log

[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:

[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:5.1.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:3.3.0, org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-classworlds:jar:1.2-alpha-9: Cannot access central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) in offline mode and the artifact org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:3.3.0 has not been downloaded from it before. @ 

[ERROR] Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 14, column 14

[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]  

[ERROR]  The project org.example.testproject2.service:TestJob1:0.1.0 (C:\Talend\Studio\workspace\TESTPROJECT2\poms\jobs\process\testjob1_0.1\pom.xml) has 2 errors

[ERROR]   Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:5.1.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:3.3.0, org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-classworlds:jar:1.2-alpha-9: Cannot access central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) in offline mode and the artifact org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:3.3.0 has not been downloaded from it before. -> [Help 2]

[ERROR]   Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 14, column 14

[ERROR] 

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR] 

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginManagerException

I've set JAVA_HOME, and I am able to start ESB Runtume. Running v8.0.1 of TOS ESB.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are? If you are using talend V 8.0, please try to go Preference, Maven and untick the Maven offline tickbox.

Feel free to let us know if it helps.

0695b00000Uva06AAB.pngBest regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are supposing that there are some duplicate projects module definition in the POM.

Please try to re-synchronize the pom via Studio -> File -> Edit Project properties -> Build -> Maven -> "Force full re-synchronize poms".

If the issue still cannot be resolved after that, please stop studio -> rename the .m2 folder under your <studio_installation_dir>\configuration -> start studio to regenerate the .m2 folder.

Feel free to let us know if it is working for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

SHH2308
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks,

The "Force full re-synchronize poms" option doesn't appear to be available in 8.x; is there any other way to accomplish this in v8.x?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you tried to stop studio -> rename the .m2 folder under your <studio_installation_dir>\configuration -> start studio to regenerate the .m2 folder?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ahmed_Soliman
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure in maven settings "offline" is unchecked and try again.

qdrousie
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Did you find a solution for your problem ? I have the same too...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are? If you are using talend V 8.0, please try to go Preference, Maven and untick the Maven offline tickbox.

Feel free to let us know if it helps.

0695b00000Uva06AAB.pngBest regards

Sabrina

qdrousie
Contributor
Contributor

Hello xdshi,

Thanks a lot, it works now after unticking the offline option.

Have a great day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great it helps.

Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina