Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Table juncture

Hi everyone,

How to do a juncture between 2 or 3 tables in talend tMap using main row or iterate?

Thank you for your responses. 

Labels (1)
  • v7.x

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you describe your precise requirement. There are several ways to achieve joins between tables, but we cannot really help unless you give more details. For example, are the tables from the same database? Are you wanting to join or combine datasets? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes the tables are from the same databases.

I send you my job picture.

I want to combine some columns from tables to another tables columns for having a new table.

Capture.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If the tables are all from the same database, use a single DB component and carry out the joins in SQL. This is the most efficient way of doing this. Your database is deigned to deal with queries like this, there is no point taking the data out of the database and joining in Java (which will be much slower). The benefits of joining in SQL will be that fewer rows have to enter your job and this will make it significantly quicker.

However, if you want to join in the Job, you need to do it in the tMap. Take a look here: https://www.talend.com/resources/joining-two-data-sources-with-tmap-component/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I believe you are trying to create a bridge table (associate table) which is having the primary key details of all the tables you are trying to join using tmap.

In this case, you will have to capture all possible inner join matches between the main and lookup tables. You can do it by using all matches option in tmap (diagram below).

0683p000009M0Ir.png

Pass all the key values from both main and lookup tables to the output section of tmap. Connect a tDBOutput with "Create Table if not exists" for Action on Table option of the component. Please also go through the details suggested by rhall_2_0.

If the reply has helped you to arrive at the solution, please mark the topic as solution provided. Kudos are also welcome.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi