Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mat007g
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend 7.2.1 and GIT integration

Hi,

we are using Talend Enterprise 7.2.1 Big Data and are migrating Open Studio jobs to the enterprise edition. 

We are using Git as our version control repository but are finding difficulties in using the integrated functionality within Talend studio.

Can anyone prodive us with some documentation or guidelines on how this functionally should be used?

Just to give out some examples of issues we are encountering:

1. Talend creates a folder for each branch created and replicates all the folders and files from the branch it was cloned.  It also created a 'branches' folder in the master branch replicating all objects from the other branches.

2. It removes all objects from the master branch and puts them in a folder called 'master'

3. Occasionally it removes all jobs from the solution when committing

4. Occasionally committed and pushed changes are not persisted to GIT

5. When having multiple projects, talend studio does not refresh the reference pointer to the respective local git repo

6. When Talend tries to resolve conflicts(pom files and project file), it takes a very long time.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this online documentation helps?

https://help.talend.com/reader/0WrJWuExXCjrhv1mpB1kQA/r6u3_l32K8U3K_Qvk1ywsA

Best regards

Sabrina

mat007g
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

unfortunately the link provided does not help. To solve this issue we had to turn auto commit off. 

Talend need to update their documentation to reflect new versions and especially to include Talend Integration Cloud. The documentation found online focuses too much on TAC , which from my understanding , is in the process of being phased out and replaced by Talend Cloud. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For talend cloud, here is a KB article about:https://community.talend.com/t5/Architecture-Best-Practices-and/Talend-Cloud-best-practices/ta-p/125...

Best regards

Sabrina

confo_talend
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, i have the same problem, all time we have a conflit and it take many time to resolve conflit without success.

Should be To talend to more explain how to using Talend with git because all documents online are unhelpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

When did you get conflict issues from your project? TAC or cloud?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have the same issues with the .gitignore,

Have someone found any best practices to fill out the gitignore?