Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend 7.2 Cloud Bat script not working

• I have a Talend job created in Talend 6.3.1 Data Fabric studio. The basic purpose of this job is to establish a connection with Salesforce via Java code (Bulk API) which is exported in a JAR file and kept in a VM machine. And in Master Job, I am referring to that JAR using tLibraryLoad component.
  • All the other runtime dependency JARs are exported to the same VM machine to which I am referring via Shell Settings -> Bat script.
  • The reason to keep dependency JARs in Shell settings instead of tLibraryLoad is for 2 reasons.
    1. There are too many Jars, So in the Job, don't want to use multiple tLibraryLoad for each Jar.
    2. Even if I keep jars in tLibraryLoad, then every time I add a new Jar I have to publish job, instead If I configure job (via Bat Script) to point to VM Path then the job will automatically pick all Jars that are available at VM Path.

• The above scenario works perfectly in Talend 6.3.1, But now I have to migrate Job to 7.2.1. And when I configured the Bat script path to point to the same VM Path Jars, it works only for Master job but for child job it fails to detect the JAR and hence Child Job fails with a compilation error: import com.sforce.soap.partner.PartnerConnection cannot be resolved. Even in the Code tab of the job the same error is displayed.
  • To overcome this issue temporary workaround is to use tLibraryLoad and manually add all dependency Jars. But I want to avoid that approach for the reasons mentioned in points 1 & 2.

I have attached the Bat script screenshot for both 6.3.1 and 7.2.1.
Any help to make Bat script work to detect dependency Jars in Child Job will be greatly appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Replies