Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara_T
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Data Transformation Error

Hello Everyone,

I've encountered an issue in Talend where I'm receiving the error message: "code of method runJobInTOS(String[]) is exceeding 65535 bytes limit." Essentially, this means that the compiled code for the Talend job has surpassed the maximum size allowed for a single method in Java, which is 65535 bytes.

My job flow includes utilizing tDBInput for SQL queries, followed by tMap for transformations, and then connecting to tFileOutputDelimited.

Here's the flow: tDBInput (Snowflake) -> row (main) -> tMap -> out1 -> tFileOutputDelimited.

Despite trying to integrate other components such as tIterateToFlow, tBufferOutput, tBufferInput, and tParallelize, I'm still encountering this issue.

It's puzzling to me why this error is occurring. The SQL query involves around 120 columns with multiple transformations.

If anyone has insights or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
jeoste
Creator
Creator

Hello,
The only way to solve this is to break your job into x jobs (separatly not inside the same job).

Either simplify the SQL query, by just doing select and put the result into flat file like you did, either let the complexity of the sql query but reduce the number of columns.

Unfortunately this issue has to be solved that way.
If you decide to cut the SQL query, you'll have to create 2 or 3 others jobs and then merge the data to be able to get your final data