Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smaria
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Job Copy files based on certain conditions

Hello,

I am really new to Talend. I am developing a job to copy files from source directory to destination directory based on certain conditions. I am using tFileExist component to find if the source file name exists in the destination directory.

If it does not, I am copying the file. If the file name does exist in the destination directory, I want to compare the file size and file date. If any of these two parameters differ, then I want to copy the source file and change the destination file name to "filename_original".

So far I am using tFileList -> TFileExist (if filename does not exist)-> tFileCopy.

I am not able to figure out how to proceed further, that is getting the file size and file date and making the comparison.

Please help. Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smaria
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Shicong Hong​ : Thank you!

This is what I ended up doing:

0695b00000Uyg7dAAB.pngI got the file size and file date of the destination file at tJavaRow_2 and then compared it with the file size and file date of the source file which I got at tJavaRow_1.

Thanks,

smaria

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Using tFileProperties to read the file properties including sizes, modified date etc, compare the two properties sizes and modified date on a tJavaRow, set the result to a global variable (boolean type), this variable will be used as the condition of runIf connector that trigger tFileCopy component, the job looks like:

tFileList -> iterate--TFileExist (if filename does not exist)->runIf1-->tFileCopy1

********************************************(if file already exists)->runIf2--tFileProperties--main--tJavaRow--runIf--tFIleCopy2

Please try and let me know if you still have any quesitons.

Regards

Shong

smaria
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Shicong Hong​ : Thank you!

This is what I ended up doing:

0695b00000Uyg7dAAB.pngI got the file size and file date of the destination file at tJavaRow_2 and then compared it with the file size and file date of the source file which I got at tJavaRow_1.

Thanks,

smaria

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for your screenshot of job, it will helpful for others who have the same requirement.

Regards

Shong