Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xx_emanis
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Job to Read data from an API and loading it to table in Snowflake Database

Hello All,

I have a requirement at my client. I need to develop a job in Talend which reads an API and the data should be loaded to a table in Snowflake database.

I am completely new to Talend and can you help me in how to design a job to fulfill this requirement.

Also what all details I need to ask from the team in order to access the API using Talend job.

Thanks in anticipation.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

First of all, clarify what is the API you need and what's the protocol to access it (REST, SOAP, and so on).
Also ask how to authenticate to access the API. Do you need more than a simple login/password? Maybe a security token? An OAuth2 authentication?
xx_emanis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the reply. The API we are trying to access is a REST API. I will ask for other details of how to access it as per the details you provided.

xx_emanis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I found the below answer in another thread. Can I use the below pattern to create my job?

tRest--main--tExtractXMLField--main--tMysqlOutput. 

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

It depends of the answer format but that's the idea