Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend Open Studio - Data Integration connecting with cloud

Can 'Talend Open Studio - Data Integration' pull data from and push data to various available clouds? I checked on the internet but could not find the required information. Thanks in advance for the help.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

For sure it can!
For example, you can interact with Salesforce, Google, Azure, Amazon and so on, using dedicated components or standardized rest or soap APIs.
Can you detail a little bit more your use case?

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

My use case:

I need to extract the data using 'Talend Open Studio - Data Integration'(the open source version) from an on-premise or private cloud based application's database and put it onto another application which is also on a private cloud. 

Please confirm if these components are part of the Out Of The Box - Talend Open Studio - DI package. Or we need to write some custom code for the same. Thank you again.

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Well, what is/are your database(s) for both input and output?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On the output side we have MySQL DB and input can be any DB. I will be glad if you can point us to any documentation/links.

Thanks.

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

You just have to know which type of database you need to connect to (MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostegreSQL, and so on).

Then, for each database engine, you have a set of dedicated components you can use to connect, read, write, execute stored procedure or function, etc.

As soon as your database is somewhere in the cloud, you need to refer your provider's documentation to know how to access the database from a client application.

For example, using MS SQL Server from Amazon RDS, your administrator must give you the endpoint including the port you need to connect to the database, as described here.

Hope this helps.

@rahulpandav don't forget you have initiate the same discussion elsewhere 0683p000009MA9p.png