Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlSalvC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Talend crash when creating a new context variable.

Hi everyone,

When I try to add a new context variable to the context of my job and then save the job, it gets stucked and does not save the job. It usually crashes or makes Talend really slow. It did not happened before, so I dont know what may be causing this issue. If I load a context group from the repository, it works just fine, the issue appears only when creating the context variable in the job context. What can I do?

Thanks everyone.

8 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Lucas Pujol​ 

Is it happening to every Job or just for a specific one?

You could take a look at the .log file under your workspace/.metadata folder to find out what is causing the crash.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

On which talend build version you got this issue?

Could you please open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there; if you do, we will appreciate it a lot if you can paste it here.

About how to open this error log: in your Studio, click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log. Once you see an error, double click it.

Best regards

Sabrina

AlSalvC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It was only that job. I just coppied all the components onto a new job and added the necessary context groups and it worked fine

AlSalvC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I didnt say anything, It happend again with the new job. What happens is that the save takes a while and then this error message appears

0695b00000huD3HAAU.png

AlSalvC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

There are too many and once the first error appears, it wont stop generating new errors. 0695b00000huD3bAAE.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are and what's JDK version are you using?

Best regards

Sabrina

AlSalvC
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

How do I check that. It happened again while loading a repository context onto a job.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please have a look at this screenshot for how to check talend studio build version. Have you tried to reinstall your studio to see if it is working well from your end?

0695b00000huid2AAA.pngI will report your issue to our R&D team to see if there is any way to find out the root cause for your current problem.

Best regards

Sabrina