Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend goes to not responding

Hello team,

We have installed TOS-BD 7.3.1 / 7.4.1 on clients windows server. Currently when we click on TFixedflowInput component Talend goes into 'not responding' state.

We are also not able to open advance properties of some components like tDBOutput.

We are using JDK v1.8 and JRE v8.

Kindly suggest some resolution for same.

Thanks and regards,

Vinay Thitme

Labels (2)
22 Replies
VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I mean to generate error log.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You could open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there.

About how to open this error log: in your Studio, click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log. Once you see an error, double click it.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

The error log (or Studio log) is in a hidden folder called .metadata in the workspace folder.

If you are on Windows, you will need to unhide your hidden folders/files to see it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @honard kitthan​,

Can you raise a new question please? This does not seem to be related to the question being asked here.

Regards

Richard

VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

Thanks for response.

I have generated logs as per above steps. I can see some errors which is in attached screen shot. Is it safe to share complete log here?

Thanks and regards,

Vinay Thitme0695b00000PJUUdAAP.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please show us the full error stack trace here and mask your sensitive data as well.

Best regards

Sabrina

VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

I am attaching error log for your reference.

Thanks and regards,

Vinay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

From your error log, it seems you are experiencing some compilation error. Have you had a chance to reinstall your studio to see if it works? I'm supposing that there is incomplete installation issue from your side.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following on from what @Xiaodi Shi​ said, I also notice that you have installed Talend in your Desktop folder. Ideally Talend needs to be installed close to the root of the drive on Windows. Windows has a folder length limit of 260 chars. This can cause issues with Studio. This is the not the case with other operating systems. So the best place to locate an install of Talend Studio is as close to the root of the drive as possible.

VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

For installation you mean to say I have to download ​.zip file for Talend again and unzip it on specific location and try to run same export of jobs there?

Regards,

Vinay​