Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend goes to not responding

Hello team,

We have installed TOS-BD 7.3.1 / 7.4.1 on clients windows server. Currently when we click on TFixedflowInput component Talend goes into 'not responding' state.

We are also not able to open advance properties of some components like tDBOutput.

We are using JDK v1.8 and JRE v8.

Kindly suggest some resolution for same.

Thanks and regards,

Vinay Thitme

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response. This issue has been resolved. It was because of antivirus. also we moved Talend close to root directory.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any virus software running on your machine that checks files that are changed in the background? If so, can you isolate the folder structure of TOS and ensure that the workspace folder is isolated as well.

VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I stopped antivirus from my system but its still giving same error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. That was the first thing I could think of. Can you give any more information regarding your system? Where is the product installed on your system? What are the system specifications? Is the installation shared by many concurrent users? This is not something that I have ever experienced personally. I have heard of something similar and that was caused by anti-virus software locking files that are actively used by the Studio while they process them for changes.....hence my first suggestion.

gjeremy1617088143

Do yo have a lot of components in your job or also when you just use a tFixedFlowInput in a job it happens ?

Cause when you begin to have a lot of component in your job slow-down

can occurs.

you can also allow more memory to Talend in the .ini file with changing Xms and Xmx param.

VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

I have stopped scanning of antivirus and its background process, Talend work for sometime. But today again same issue i am facing.

Talend is installed in windows server 2016 standard. Installation file is in D drive. System having 64GB RAM and around 9 TB space.

3 users are created for this server who can use system at same time.

VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello, Thanks for suggestion.

I already tried this and my job is not having much components.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the users logged in at the same time trying to use the same installation of Talend? If so, this is not a good idea.

The operating system and RAM are fine. Whereabouts on the D drive is the installation? Windows has a weird rule about path lengths of folder structures (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=cmd). This causes issues for Talend if the installation is too far away from the root of the drive (there are lots of nested folders with long path names in the installation). If your installation is not near the root of the drive this can also cause issues on Windows systems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there?

Best regards

Sabrina

VThitme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can you please tell me process to generate this job?