Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jatin49gupta
Contributor
Contributor

Talend job not submitting to the defined YARN queue

Hi Experts,

We wanted to prioritize some of the talend jobs. hence we setup a dedicated YARN queue 'root.talend.high' and assigned resources to it.

We have also set the paramter as queueName: 'root.talend.high' in talend job.

However, when submitting the jobs it is always landing on 'root.default' queue as show in below logs.

Am I missing something here ? need your inputs in fixing this. Thanks in advance 

[INFO ]: org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.Client - Application report for application_1558146131347_298872 (state: ACCEPTED)
[INFO ]: org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.Client -
client token: Token { kind: YARN_CLIENT_TOKEN, service: }
diagnostics: N/A
ApplicationMaster host: N/A
ApplicationMaster RPC port: -1
queue: root.default
start time: 1561621900134
final status: UNDEFINED

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There are no Error and WARN from your log. Are your job able to stop automatically? Could you please upload your job setting screenshot into community which will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Please mask your sensitive data.

Best regards

Sabrina

jatin49gupta
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi xdshi,

Thanks for your response.

There is no such error or warning here,job is completed successfully.

Only thing is,it is landing in "root.default" YARN queue although I have set the "queueName" to "root.talend.high".

Let me modify my question here as I have got some of my answers:

Is it possible to change the queueName for a deployed job from TAC console .

(I already verified that it is going in right queue if I update it from Talend Studio)

Thanks in advance!

roalro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi guptj72.

Where can I set Yarn queue Name parameter in Talend Job? in Spark configuration on Run Tab or where?

Thanks.

swatisood8
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. 

Is it possible for you to share the details of how you have specified the yarn queue on Taland? I am trying to the same and do not know an answer yet and by default, all the jobs are being submitted to the default queue. 

Regards,

Swati Sood

swatisood8
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. 

Is it possible for you to share the details of how you have specified the yarn queue on Taland? I am trying to the same and do not know an answer yet and by default, all the jobs are being submitted to the default queue. 

Regards,

Swati Sood

roalro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi swatisood8:

You must put the parameter in the in Spark configuration on Run Tab. If you have this option disable, change the Spark configuration to Built in and write te parameter.

I hope that it will be useful.

Regards.