Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA621858188
Creator
Creator

Talend jobs and mappings export in XML, JSON, or semistructured format

Hi Team,

Is there any way we can export Talend job details and mappings, which are used in Talend jobs, in.xml,.json, or any semi-structured format?

Please help.

Labels (4)
8 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Vrushabh Malbari​ 

Perhaps Talend Metadata Bridge is what you're looking for. However, this feature is present only in the commercial editions.

If you're using the free version, maybe you can achieve what you want by reading Job's source file. It's a .item file stored on your workspace, but reading it to get the mappings can be very complex.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Anselmo Peixoto​ ,

Thank you for reply.

I am using the enterprise version of Talend Studio. Can you please share the steps in detail to get the mappings?

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Vrushabh Malbari​ 

Please take a look at this documentation for a complete reference:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/get-started-with-metadata-bridge/getting-started-with-talend-metadata-bridge

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Anselmo Peixoto​ ,

Thanks, Is there any practical example for this? Please let me know

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I believe the following link provides an example, you would just need to select the Bridge according to your destination.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/get-started-with-metadata-bridge/exporting-metadata-to-external-systems

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Shicong Hong​ ,

Can you please help here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vrushabh Malbari​ , are you looking for the Job documentation? Right click on the job in repository and select 'generate Doc as HTML' option to export the job documentation in HTML format.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Shicong Hong​ ,

Thank you for your reply. I already tried this, and this is not what I am looking for. I wanted to have export mappings used in jobs in .json or.xml (or any semi-structured format).