Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Somnath05
Contributor
Contributor

Tmap Error

HI Team,

I am a new Talend User .

Repeatedly getting the below error while running a TMap with one condition " row1.sal >15000 ? "GRADE A" : "GRADE B" " . To be more precise I am trying to read from a text file . While creating the sal column the dataype is Integer . And the dataype of Grade column is string . Whether this is a problem or not ?

Detailed error Details Attached .

Error Details

Exception in component tMap_1 (Job_tmap)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at practice.job_tmap_0_1.Job_tmap.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(Job_tmap.java:1278)

at practice.job_tmap_0_1.Job_tmap.runJobInTOS(Job_tmap.java:1722)

at practice.job_tmap_0_1.Job_tmap.main(Job_tmap.java:1571)

The map which I build.

0693p00000C7vR3AAJ.jpg 

0693p00000C7vQyAAJ.jpg

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Somnath05
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I found it . It was throwing the error because an input file was having null value in sal column for which it was throwing the error . Remove that value after which It executed successfully . Thanks for the help .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can perform a null test before calling a Java method, otherwise it will throw a null pointer exception if the input data contains a null value.

For more information, please have a look at this article about: https://community.talend.com/s/article/tMap-expression-syntax-TCiHW

Best regards

Sabrina