Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

To Teradata Connection

Hi!
i meet a little problem to do connection from Talend into Teradata. I have put the correct IP, User Name, and Password, but still shown an error:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.
I can connect in my Teradata client using that IP, Username and Password.
is this caused by JDBC driver? if yes, then where i have to put my JDBC driver?

Thanks in Advance!!
Labels (3)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already successfully installed the related external jar files (terajdbc4.jar) into your studio?
On which official version did you get that? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MBNN.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can say so far the Teradata connections works well usually. Reading your error message I would say there is also no network problem in your configuration and the driver is also correctly loaded because the error message come directly from the database.
It is simply a authorization problem. Perhaps you should test the connection without context variables.
It is also sometimes a problem with the password field. Did you see this problem in the metadata wizard?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already successfully installed the related external jar files (terajdbc4.jar) into your studio?
On which official version did you get that? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi
Thanks for your response!
the jar file already in the folder that you mention above.
im using Talend V5.1.2.
sorry i cant upload the image, but its already on the folder like you mention
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can say so far the Teradata connections works well usually. Reading your error message I would say there is also no network problem in your configuration and the driver is also correctly loaded because the error message come directly from the database.
It is simply a authorization problem. Perhaps you should test the connection without context variables.
It is also sometimes a problem with the password field. Did you see this problem in the metadata wizard?

Hi!
thanks for your response!
The metadata shown that i have a problem with IP, Pass, and username.
do you mean my user authorization?
i already re-type and re-ensure my password  correctly. but the problem is the same.
i did create connection with oracle database too, but its working fine.
the problem only with teradata connection.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I currently work with the Talend release 5.1.1 and we do not have any problems with Teradata connections.
I am pretty sure it has something to do in which way you set the credentials. Do you use context variables or do you use the direct input (of course only for test purposes)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tested it just now with my locally installed TDExpress installation and Talend 5.6.2 and it works also.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I currently work with the Talend release 5.1.1 and we do not have any problems with Teradata connections.
I am pretty sure it has something to do in which way you set the credentials. Do you use context variables or do you use the direct input (of course only for test purposes)?

Hi!
i think im using the context variables. the one that you make a new connection on db connection tab.
right now im using the talend in the new company. in the last company, i used talend but it was okay. there was no problem at all.
i already asking the db admin teradata here but he said, the teradata credentials only set for user privilege.
or maybe the problem still the credentials?
thanks in advance!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you have checked them with another tool, they should be ok. As I already sad, it could be a problem with different contexts. Therefore please create a new Teradata connection without using context variables and try to get it running.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you have checked them with another tool, they should be ok. As I already sad, it could be a problem with different contexts. Therefore please create a new Teradata connection without using context variables and try to get it running.

Hi!
once again, thanks for your response!
its look i misunderstood here. can you give me a picture for "create a new Teradata connection without using context variables"?
thanks in advance!