Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor

Trigger Multiple TAC Tasks in Parallel

Hey everyone,

Saw a post sometime back in the Talend Help website about triggering jobs using the MetaServlet Commands using the RestClient Component. So basically we try to execute a task using its task id from TAC using the Metaservlet command ("actionName": "runTask",) through a tRestClient component.

We are unable to trigger the same job via different processes using the above approach. We have one option of having the same job as different tasks in TAC so that each job would have a different task id, but that defeats the entire purpose of the job execution via MetaServlet commands.

Is there any way possible to resolve this issue ?

Thanks....

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bharath Kumar Ramachandran​ 

Have you tried the mode type: asynchronous? I don't test it yet, I saw the same issue before and was told by developer that it is impossible to run the task in parallel.

rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your response @Shicong Hong​ 

I did try with the mode as asynchronous, but faced the same issue.

The TAC logs were not very clear. But when I trigger the job through Postman, I am getting the below error message.

{

"error": "The requested action cannot be carried out because the execution task \"<JobName>\" is still processing",

"returnCode": 30

}

Is there any other options available ?

On the website I see something called a UniqueId in addition to the taskId ?

What is a uniqueId ?

Can it be made unique for each run as an additional option ?

Thank you for all the help.

philippert
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Has anyone an answer ? I've got the same problem. Do we have got to implement a queue ?

Thanks.

gjeremy1617088143

Hi, maybe via ActiveMq cause it seems you have to wait the job to be processed before run another.

Send me Love and Kudos