Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor

Trigger a Databricks Notebook from Talend

Hello everyone,

We are currently exploring the usage of DataBricks and integrating it with Talend.

While we have find the existing integration very useful, we have a requirement to trigger a specific Notebook within Databricks once our job is complete. If possible pass parameters to the notebook which is currently obtained via widget within databricks.

Is it possible to trigger a Databricks notebook from Talend and pass the parameters to the widgets available there ? Kindly let me know for any further information. Thanks.

Labels (6)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rbk_tal
If the notebook can be triggered by job API, then you can use tRest or tRestClient component in Talend to call the API.
https://docs.databricks.com/jobs.html

Regards
Shong

rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong,

I thank you for your response and I was able to connect to the Cluster using the RestClient. We have several APIs we can use. In case of someone else comes across this, we were able to find a couple of ways to connect too. 

1. Best way - Suggested by Shong - RestClient - Databricks API.

Other options - to interact with data in Databricks and not related to original question of triggering a notebook.

1. Big Data Batch Job - you can directly connect to Databricks. I could not find the Dynamic schema option and debugging was a little tough.

2. There were a couple of other JDBC connection options available, not sure how safe they are though.

Best to try out and see what works out.

thank you once again Shong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

great, thank you for your feedback!