Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE WITH ELT COMPONENT ON REDSHIFT

Hi,

I created some jobs in TOS in order to implement Insert-Update between tables from different schemas on Redshift.

For both cases, I used ELT components, using "Mapping Redshift". No problem for "Insert" task.

Actually, I am not able to implement UPDATE. Use case: One table on a schema that has to update another table on a different schema. This is what I've done:

• Set correctly keys on both tables;
  • "Action on data" : Update (tELTJDBCOutput);
  • Correct mapping on ELTMap. No joins required (one input table that has to update output table). I tried also to inner join input table with a copy (in input) of the output table on key fields.
  • WHERE Clauses : ""

The error that the job returns is "single-row subquery returns more than one row". 

I tried to use also tRedshiftOutput component and tRedshiftRow for the update, and in this case everything is ok. I have to use ELT component because is much faster with lots of data to move.

I wish you can help me! 

Really thank you!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We will get more information about your job design if you could post the screenshots on forum. How did you set your updated key?

Best regards

Sabrina