Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to do lookup in Big Data job when there are multiple sources with different lookup keys

Hi Talend,

I have a scenario where i have to do a lookup to multiple sources using different lookup keys and it was throwing me an error stating "All lookup tables must have the same expressions, this expression does not exist in other lookup".

May i know what is causing this issue and that what is the workaround for this kind of scenario?

I have attached a snapshot 0683p000009M7HU.pngfor further clarifications.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

more details may be useful (globale vue of your job, generated code, description ...), but you may try to merge one by tmap or use full match with filter on output side of the tmap.
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi fdenis,

thanks for the reply.

What was required is that i have 1 main table and 2 files and I have to do main table left join with file A, and main table left join with file B.

I tried to do all with using only 1 tmap but seems its failing since the keys of main table left join file A vs main table left join file B is different. and Getting the following error: "ALL LOOKUP TABLES MUST HAVE THE SAME EXPRESSIONS, THIS EXPRESSION DOES NOT EXIST IN OTHER LOOKUPS"

Does this mean multiple joining can only be done in a tmap only if the joining keys of main table to file A-B are the same?

fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

I m use to do multiple outer join in same tmap…
it's working fine.
I think the problem is not directly here.
(if you are fluent in java have a look at code tab)
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For your scenario, are all the keys the same across the sources? Mine is
not.

This is also being developed in big data batch job.
fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

I do it with multi key not the same.
it was not on big data that's why I say do it on 2 tmap.
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So the solution is to do it on 2 tmaps?
Alright. Cause I was trying to see if we are able to do it on 1 tmap only.

Looks like it's not possible?
fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

when done, tag this topic as solve to help Talend Community.