Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to load project in studio

I am all of a sudden unable to load a project in Talend Studio.  I was literally just 5 minutes ago using Studio, and needed to switch project.  So I choose this from the File menu (I do this all the time).  Picked the project I want to load, and getting a really unhelpful error and therefore unable to work.

0683p000009MZtI.png

This is my biggest issue with Talend, the ridiculously complicated and unhelpful error messages you get that do nothing to help you resolve the issue.  Studio was just working, and now it isn't.  It literally makes no sense at all.  

The error is suggesting an issue with my workspace, but why would it suddenly break when I haven't done anything?  Only way it seems to fix these issues is to delete the workspace and start again, which at the moment I'm finding I'm having to do at least once every couple of weeks

Does anyone know what it is I have to do to get this working without having to start again?  It's extremely annoying.

Thanks

Steve

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So deleted my old workspace, relaunched studio and now i'm getting a different error

"An error occured (Resource '/WORK' does not exist.)."

What exactly is this referring to?  Would really help if the error told me where to look.

Have to say that when Talend works it's great, but they really have to work on the errors being returned because unless you're a highly skilled java developer it's impossible to decipher them.  I'm a database SQL developer and it's gobbledigook to me

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So the fix for the original error in the end was simply to delete a lock file

\TalendStudio\workspace\.repositories\*********\.git\talend\master\index.LOCK

Why the error message just couldn't have said that I do not know