Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to perform inner join in tMap while fetching data from tHiveInput component

I am trying to perform inner join in tMap component while fetching data from tHiveInput component. I am getting data from the main flow as well as the lookup flow but it is failing at join. The data coming from lookup is not more than 100 records. Even if I put a where clause in the tHiveInput query, the component starts giving a NullPointer exception, even if the data is present.

Attaching the job design and the tMap configuration.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

At least you have to enter the keys which define global variables used by your lookup table as a filter.

That's probably why you get this error.

In my opinion you should also change the expression "eqq.dataset" by "row9.dataset".

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response. But can you please elaborate on the first point you mentioned which says, "At least you have to enter the keys which define global variables used by your lookup table as a filter"

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Sorry, I miss to give you this usefull linkhttps://www.talend.com/resources/talend-job-design-patterns-best-practices-part-4/
Search for "Reload at each Row" in the page and carefully read the section.
You may also read the whole page and also all the documentation.