Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to retrieve schemas from DB connection

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve schemas from the DB that I connected to but when I selected all the schemas, the "Next"/"Finish" are both grayed out. Help please!

0683p000009Lu9W.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What version are you using? An old "feature" of Talend would mean you had to resize the window a few times to get past this. Grab a corner of the box and resize it to a fraction of the current size. Then expand it again. Do this a few times and usually this will eventually get past it....if this is the same issue. I think it was caused by a GUI issue. I haven't seen it for a while though 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What happens when you select 1 table instead of all?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If no schema is visible on the list, please click the "Check connection" button below the list to verify the database connection status.

Best regards

Sabrina

0683p000009LuEM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

both are still grayed out.

0683p000009LuXB.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What version are you using? An old "feature" of Talend would mean you had to resize the window a few times to get past this. Grab a corner of the box and resize it to a fraction of the current size. Then expand it again. Do this a few times and usually this will eventually get past it....if this is the same issue. I think it was caused by a GUI issue. I haven't seen it for a while though 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It worked! I resized the window and expanded it then closed it out and re-opened the GUI. 

Fish3
Contributor
Contributor

Wasn't able to get this to work with 7.2.1 Open Studio. No luck at all.

Since this is the number one google for this question, I'll reference it in a new discussion.

Kostadin
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. Resizing did not work for me. But I found a workaround that helped me.
Click "Retrieve Schema".
Click "Next" button.
Expand the database only clicking the ">" symbol(do not click on the square).
Click on one of the last elements of the schemas that can not be expanded any further.
In my case this enables the "Next" Button.
Then I clicked the "Select All" button.

Fish3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I found that this works, but only if the ">" symbol has some type of sub-elements under it. Without those, when I clicked on the ">" symbol, it disappears, but the next never showed.