Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Qlik GM Drew Clarke has to say about Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSD03
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to use context with some snowflake components

Hello,

When I try to use context variable in my tDBConnection (snowflake) or in my tDBOuput (snowflake) the connection failed with the following erreor message :

SEVERE: State: COPY_INTO_TABLE, COPY INTO "INSEE_REGION_20211208_092814_471_1" FROM '@~/INSEE_REGION/INSERT/20211208_092814_471_ZP5D81_1' on_error='ABORT_STATEMENT' file_format=( field_optionally_enclosed_by='"' empty_field_as_null=true), No active warehouse selected in the current session. Select an active warehouse with the 'use warehouse' command.

Exception in component tDBOutput_2 (MRJ_GET_INSEE_DATA)

java.io.IOException: net.snowflake.client.loader.Loader$ConnectionError: State: COPY_INTO_TABLE, COPY INTO "xxxxx" FROM 'xxxxxxx' on_error='ABORT_STATEMENT' file_format=( field_optionally_enclosed_by='"' empty_field_as_null=true), No active warehouse selected in the current session. Select an active warehouse with the 'use warehouse' command.

When I put directly the value of the warehourse field it works fine... but not from a context variable. With tDBInput componant it works fine.

It's really strange...

I use TOS for ESB 7.4.1

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JSD03
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My bad... I develop with mittens this morning : the warehouse was not the good one !

Sorry for that

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MattE
Creator II
Creator II

One thing to check is to print out the value of your context variable before the database component which uses them to check they are correct

in a tJava put System.out.println(context.username);

...etc

JSD03
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes it's what I have done before writting this post. I have tested everything but it seems to be a real bug in those components and/or this version.

If someone from Talend can confirm that?​

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaime Serrano​ I have checked quickly with v8.0.1 and I can't reproduce the issue, I don't have TOS for ESB 7.4.1 installation on my machine for testing now, I will install one later.

I have one question, does the context variable use the default value or the value is loaded at runtime?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using a milestone version? the milestone version is just for testing.

If so, please download the latest GA release 8.0.1 from this page and test it again.

JSD03
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes milestone M11 but same issue with 8.0.1 (and worse with this version : even if I specify the warehouse directly it doesn't work)

Setup which doesn't work :0695b00000LwOO2AAN.pngSetup which works (only with 7.4.1) :0695b00000LwOOCAA3.pngDo you think the root cause is coming from java version I'm using ? 11.0.13 ?

JSD03
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My bad... I develop with mittens this morning : the warehouse was not the good one !

Sorry for that